Tuesday, June 14, 2016

About Me!



All About Me!

          Well, my name is Nicholas and I am from the small town of McCrory, AR.  I live in a house with my father, Claude, and my step-mother, Lynnette.  My family definitely does NOT stop there, though.  I have two older brothers, Thomas and Rusty, and two older sisters who happen to be twins, Brittany and Alicia.  All of whom are out of the house, hallelujah! But, I also have a lot of step-siblings too.  I have three step-brothers, Turner, Tucker, and Joseph, one step-sister, Molly, and three "step-siblings-in-law?" Tyler, Josh, and Autumn.  BTW, Tyler is a girl....just FYI.  But, back to me.  At school, I like to to stay really involved in extracurricular.  In fact, I may devote TOO much time to them.  Just this last school year, I was in FCCLA, FBLA, Student Council, FFA, Concert Band, Marching Band, Drama Club, Book Club, and I was the head for half of them..  With all my extracurricular work, I never really have any time left to do that much out of school.  I was literally always doing something, whether it be for this organization or that organization.  Academically, I have always kind of been average.  I have never been the worst, though I have never really been the best either.  School at McCrory can get VERY boring.  Our history classes suck, our math classes are taught brutally, and our English classes are a bore.  Science, though, has always been fun, and exciting.  I love my science classes, my science teachers, and the lessons we learn there!  It's good that I love science the way I do though, because my goal in life is to be an Optometrist, and that is going to take a lot of science.  Once I graduate from McCrory High School, I plan on attending UCA in Conway and receiving a B.S. in Biology.  I will then attend The SUNY College of Optometry in New York and earn my licence to practice.  After that, I will create my own practice in either New York or Texas. 

A couple of friends and I on our band bus headed to Concert Competition at Cabot High School.
(From left to right: Faith, Justice, Nicholas, Jessica, Leila, and Antiana)
          Oh, and one interesting story about me... Once I was playing a little game with my sister, Alicia, and we were running around a lot.  She ended up chasing me back into my mom's room and I tried to hide from her, so I threw myself down on a palette I had made on the floor the night before.  Little did I know that early my other sister, Brittany, had broken a candle that was above my palette.  She got scared and instead of cleaning up the glass, she ran.. So, long story short, I had a shard of glass lodged in my ankle and, because of the amount of blood loss, almost died.


Antiana, Leila, and I wondering around in the bamboo forest of Woodruff county. 

No comments:

Post a Comment